wednesday night at about 2:00am a racoon got into our chicken coop through the open door(we let them out during the day and a lot of the time i left it open all night) and got my golden sebright kansas, who was being broody in her nesting boxrather than sleeping on the high perch like the rest of them, and broke her neck. my parents heard some noise and went out to investigate. kansas was on the ground of the coop with her neck in a funny position and bloody. but she was sill alive. so we put her in a box in the garage. and she is still alive right now. she cant move very much she hasn't eaten or drank at all. Shes dying and theres nothing i can do. i feel so helpless. she has died. shes not dead yet but she has died. i stare at her quivering and i just cry. i wish she would die just so it can be over. sometimes it feels like a dream or a movie and i think nothing this bad could happen in real life. but then i go out there and see her and i know that its real. i casnt do anything to help her. i know i should but i really can not put her out of her misery. i keep thinking i should do it so she wont suffer but then i wonder if she will recover then i tell my self no she cant. i'm going to let nature take its course even if that means she'll die. im sorry to write this and sorry to be so sad and not peppy but i put on a mask yesterday at vbs and when i babysat but i cant keep it on forever. i needed to get this out. i just feel so helpless.like a horrible person being able to type in the kitchen while my baby is in so much pain. i dont know what to do.i feel worthless. and i know crying doesn't help but i have been crying all the time now. i cant imagin what it would have been like to lose a human family member. i dont know how you would ever recover. again im really sorry to dump this on you but i needed to get it out.
thank you.


6 comments:
That stinks I'm sorry :(. Why weren't you at VBS? I took your group for you.
That's too bad.
I should never read these things while I eat breakfast...the description was quite graphic.
It's ok to mourn...normal even. Sometimes it's better to embrace a really good cry than stifle it and have to go through it a few times until it's all out. I used to watch sad movies when I feel blue just so I could get the tears out...then pick myself up and move on.
Ouch. That's too bad.
aaww That's soo sad! I'm really sorry!
I'm sorry =(
Post a Comment