Monday, January 28, 2008

My shirt

I have a T-shirt that says

"Yes, I'm Homeschooled,
Yes, It's Working For Me,
Yes, I Have A Social Life,
and The Answer Is 42."

now if you know me you have probably seen this shirt and have probably asked me "42? what is that is? it like {Whats 6x7?} "No it's not 6x7 well 42 is 6x7 but thats not why it's on my shirt. If you've ever seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (or read the book) then you know why my shirt says that.

CAUTION the next paragraph is a movie/book spoiler. So if you've never seenm the movie or read the book and don't want to hear part of it then skip the next paragraph. Thank you.

In the movie(or the book though i've never read it) some people want to know the answer to life. So they make a super computer that is the smartest ever. when they ask it the answer to everything it promtly tells them that it will have to think about that for a big number of years(i can't remember how many but it was a long time). The people go back for the answer and the computer tells them that the anwser to everything to life it self... is 42. now they are all very puzzled and when they ask the super computer about it it tells them that to come up with a better answer they should have asked a better question.

There. Thats why my shirt says "and the answer is 42" because while i'm answering all your questions about being homeschooled i might as well tell you the answer to life.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL...I love those books. 42!

Hannah Noelle said...

Good one! I wish I had the shirt. Beware I might steal from you.